Should I Fix up My Truck or Start Looking for Another Truck?

I was wondering if it would be worth it to fix up my 1991 chevy silverado. It needs new cab corners, rocker panels, and front fenders. The whole truck needs to be repainted. It also needs new bumpers front and rear. All of the trim needs to be replaced and the tailgate has a big dent in it from when our boat trailer came unhooked. I know im looking at over a grand of body parts, trim peices, paint, and bumpers. The truck is 4x4 with the 350 it is a 1500 heavy duty. Or should i start looking for another truck?

Thanks!!!!

Reply to
1991ChevyExt.

Depends on how good the drivetain is... You probably could shop around and find another cab at a bone yard. It would be faster to just change the cab then to cut and weld in new parts. mark

Reply to
r_d

Only you can answer this question. How many miles on the drivetrain? Is all the running gear in good shape or will you have to rebuild the front end, etc? Does the truck have any senimental value to you (was is once your dad's)? Do you have a shop and the necessary tools, skills, and mostly TIME involved to do all the work yourself? Stuff like that you need to think about. If it's just transportation to you and none of the above apply, then either part it out, or sell it outright to some young kid in your area looking for his first truck, and go get yourself a newer one that you like.

Just my $0.02

Reply to
dzlman95

Yeah you better start looking for a Dodge

Reply to
GeekBoy

Upon reflection.... consider...

:) mark