Silverado motor mounts

I've got a '99 Silverado 1500 (NBS) with a 4.3L V6. I just bought a 5.3L out of a '00 Silverado, along with motor mounts and frame mounts, and have run into a problem with the mounts. The passenger side frame mount swaps out fine and appears to line up where I expect to see it. The driver's side '99 frame mount isn't as wide as the '00 and the bolt pattern to hold it to the chassis is different. Any suggestions on what to do about the driver's side?

Thanks, Doug

Reply to
dp504

Thing is the V-8 and V-6 use the same engine mounts, I would imagine you should be able to just move the pads(what you call the frame mounts) forward, after all a 4.3 is just a V-8 minus rear two cylinders. That's all I have had to do when doing this with earlier models, and with a few Monte Carlos. Otherwise hit the junkyards looking for a same year as your truck with a V-8.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Thanks for the reply. I wish the mounts and pads were the same, the swap would be much easier, but they're quite a bit different.

- Doug

Reply to
dp504

Are the "bosses" the place where the mounts bolt to the blocks the same? Keep in mind the frame maybe different between the trucks, as such you stay within your trucks design, not the newer one the engine came out of..

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Even the bosses are different. The 4.3L bosses have a 3 bolt pattern that an adapter bolts to; the adapters have a 4 bolt pattern that the mounts bolt to. The 5.3L bosses have the 4 bolt pattern an the mounts bolt right up. I've tried to match up the mounts from the 5.3L with the pads from the 4.3L but they don't fit. I bought the truck new in '99 so I know it's all stock.

I think I'll be able to use the new passenger side pad and mount but I think I'll have to make some kind of adapter plate for the driver's side.

Doug

Reply to
dp504

is the four bolt pattern the same between the motor mounts from the 99, and the bosses on the 5.3?

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

The bolt pattern is the same.

Doug

Reply to
dp504

Ok can you use the 99 motor mounts bolted to the 5.3, and then the pads from the 99?

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

The bosses on the V8 are about 1-3/8" farther forward than on the V6. Also, the V6 mounts need to have the spacer/adapter plate (which has the 3-bolt pattern) in order to stick out far enough from the engine block to match up with the pads.

Doug

Reply to
dp504