small block question.........

I'm still trying to identify a bare block we have in the garage. I have tried 3 books and a few online sources. At this time it is either a 327 Large Journal or an early 350. A friend at a local parts store says there is basicaly no difference. Something about " if it has a 350 crank it's a

350, if it has a 327 crank it's a 327 ". I was under the impression that the blocks were different. Anyway, the casting # is 3914660 and the # T06I3HK is stamped on the front of the block. Anybody have any thoughts as to what this is ? I mean besides the " who cares " someone sent me via direct e-mail. Thanks for your time.

John

Reply to
John M. Wright

1968 -327-2 bolt main

RJ in WV

Reply to
RJ in WV

Boy, that was easy. :)

Reply to
Scott

I was told this once, "Google is your friend". :o)

RJ in WV

Reply to
RJ in WV

YUP, and the Chevy dealer listed it as a 69 350.

John

Reply to
John M. Wright

Your parts store friend is correct It should be a 67-69 327 block. However if you want a 327 build it with

327 crank,rods and pistons. If you want a 350 use 350 parts. Same bore different stroke.
Reply to
Steve W.

#3914660 is a 1968 327 with 210-300HP 2 bolt main

T06I3HK is the engine code, translated as such T= Plant, Tonawonda

06= month, June I(1)3=day, 13 HK=Engine suffix code, or application, 1968, 327CID, Powerglide tranny, 250HP rating, out of a full sized chevy.

Hope this is the info you need.

Eightupman

Reply to
Eightupman

Thank You....... That was what had me concerned. I did not know that 350 parts could be used in a large journal 327 block.

Thanks

Reply to
John M. Wright

Reply to