small pickup question

Cn any of the smaller pickups be found in crew cab models (true 4 door)?

Reply to
rb

Sure, the Canyon Crewcab and Colorado Crewcab.

Reply to
Augustus

Dodge (shudder) makes a true 4 door Durango as well. Ford has a "4 door" Ranger, but it's not a real crew cab or quad cab. It's lacking a center post and full sized rear doors.

Reply to
Augustus

Dodge Dakota

Reply to
GeekBoy

Yeah, you're right..I actually knew that but it came out wrong :-)

Reply to
Augustus

The V8 4x4 is not bad, but you loose bed space for the extra cab.

So....I bought a much bigger truck,

Reply to
GeekBoy

Toyota Tundra and Tacoma

Dotson whatever

skimmer

Reply to
News Skimmer

Reply to
Sigwings

Datsun

Nope..much bigger that that.

Reply to
GeekBoy

Right...they friggin spell check changed it on me. ...skimmer

Reply to
News Skimmer

Not only them, but so did Nissan. That's a big change from Datsun to Nissan ;-)

Reply to
GeekBoy

I get 36 mpg on my 2001 Chevy S10 (extended cab) on long trips. Of course, that's with a 4 cylindar, standard xmission, A/C turned off, and the tailgate turned down, and with the cruise control set at 60 mph. . . . and average 24 mpg around town, lots of slow stop & go driving . . .

Reply to
Tockk

Psssst.. Psssst.. The tailgate won't make a difference and it's the only thing there to support the sides. You're better off with it up.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Even those rubes the myth busters discovered tailgate up is better than tail gate down. The engineering aspect has to do with an air bubble forming in the bed that acts as a cover of sorts. A tauno cover or better yet a form fitting cap best way to improve gas mileage.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

You are correct. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to study the airflow in a pickup bed. Just put a couple cases of beer cans back there, then drive down the highway. You can see why tailgate up is better.

BUT! DON'T drive it through a forced air drying carwash. Jeeeezzzze, I was picking up cans for a half hour....

Reply to
Steve Barker

About 10 or 12 years ago Sport Truck magazine did the same type of study with the same conclusions.

R>>Psssst.. Psssst.. The tailgate won't make a difference and it's the only

Reply to
Ronald Thompson

Yet, people still fall for this myth. I laugh every time I see a truck driving by with the tailgate open. Or even worse, one ones that remove the tailgate and throw on one of them net things because that's just so much better. What really happens besides the worse gas mileage is the sides of the bed back there will slowly over time spread out and when you finally do decide to use the tail gate, it won't close right. Really, the Auto Manufactures have Wind tested Trucks for years now trying to get MPG up as best as they can. You'll also Notice that the front of the Bed is Wider then the rear of the Bed. Again for Aerodynamics. Test after Test after test has proved having the tailgate UP is better then Down. Of course a Cover is even a bit better which is one reason I have one on my truck, that, and the fact that some people think the back of a truck is where you should throw your garbage.

Reply to
JBDragon

Well, ya learn something new every day. I'll keep my tailgate up from now on . . . Thanks,

-Tock

Reply to
Tockk