speakers in old suburban

I'm replacing the speakers in an 86 suburban. I've already done the back speakers (easily). I'm now doing the front ones, but I have 6.5 rounds.

Is there room in the door to put those in? It has power windows and power locks, so I don't know it'll fit.

Would a regular sized 6.5 fit in the dashboard speaker locations?

Reply to
Blazer Fan Dan

Not even close to fit in the dash. If I remember right, the dash speakers are 3 1/2 inch and don't have much more room than that. I would go with the kick panel with 6 1/2 or put 6x9 in the door.

Reply to
Shades

I only have 6.5 speakers, so that would fit in the door ok?

Reply to
Blazer Fan Dan

Not a problem! Try to find deflectors for them. There is moisture that will run down over them and the deflectors are like a rain hood and keep them mostly dry. I don't know if Radio Shack can still get them. Also, route the wires VERY carefully... nothing like rolling your window all the way down to show off some new tunes and loosing power to that speaker!

Reply to
Shades