Starter problems??? on S-10

Hi all,

I have a '94 Chevy s-10 that's been having problems starting. At first, thought it was the battery because it was having a hard time turning over (I usually had to boost it off with my power pack portable jumper, which would do the trick). But when I had the battery and alternator (alternator is just 6 months old), everything checked out okay. I've had both checked about 4 different places. I was told that it was most likely the starter goin' out. About a year ago, I had one of those remote starters put on and thought that might be the culprit, but I'm not sure if I'm even lookin' in the right place or if I may just have some loose connection somewhere (which I have also checked for). Could it be the starter if I'm able to boost it off? Thanks in advance!!!

Steve

Reply to
Steve and Stef

Sounds like your starter is draging that means your starters brass bushings are gone, buy a starter rebuild kit at Canadian Tire and it'll come with brass bushings and better brushs

Just had to do mine

Fred H

Reply to
Iron Duke

Or he could buy a brand new one with lifetime guarantee for $50. Hmmm, what seems to be the better option?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Hi!

Doc, no offense, but you seem to be quite the "troll" lately...

Personally, I'd rebuild it myself. I might learn something about it, and it might be a better job than was done on the $50 lifetime warranty one...so I won't be under the truck all the time replacing the lifetime warranteed starter with a rebuilt replacement. I just don't think the initiative to do a good rebuild for nothing at all is there...and you may not be able to get the replacement you need when the time comes.

(I have a Buick with no fuel pump that has been sitting for a few months now since I can't get Autozone to stand by their warranty, even though they acknowledge the pump is theirs! I'm probably beating a dead horse, but I'm going to exhaust every chance at getting them to stand behind it.)

Or not. Nobody asked, nobody cared, but I told you anyway! :-)

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh

================================= Im with Doc on this one, replace the starter and be done with it...............

Reply to
Scott M

None taken, but troll isn't the word I'd use...........

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"