Startup Noise

New to this group. My 2000 GMC 2500 4x4 just started making a noise at startup, very much like the older ABS groan noise common in early '90s Chevys. The groan occurs within 10-15 sec after startup,not always, whether moving or not and seems to come from the rear. Could this be the hydraulic pump in the ABS or the parking brake?

Thanks, PAC

Reply to
pac

May have found the noise...low power steering fluid. With my head under the hood at startup, the noise was coming from the drivers side, front of the engine. Checked the steering fluid and it was almost off the stick. Added fluid and will listen to see if the noise goes away.

Not doing enough maintenance!!!

PAC

Reply to
pac