Steel Wheels to Alloys?

I just purchased a 1998 K1500 (without the Z-71 package) that came with steel wheels. Do the 5-spoke alloys that came with the Z-71 package fit? I know they are both 6-lug and I believe thay both have

5.5" bolt pattern but is the offset correct? Also, what size tires were specified for the alloys? Thanks for any help.
Reply to
spalmieri95

The Z71 wheels will fit just fine. Your owners manuel will tell you the tire size info.I personally a little larger tire.I have a 2003 chevy ex-cab Z71 with lt-285/75-16 on it. The torc. bars are cranked up a little to level the truck.Looks great.Have a good day!

Reply to
woods44

Did you recalibrate the tranny so the tranny shifts as if using 265's?? If your stock tire size are 285's than you need to do noting.I have a 1994 K1500 with 265/75/16.I would like to put 285's on but the difference in rotations is about 3%?? I once put bigger tires on my Blazer and always had tranny problems due to % of tire rotation

Doug

Reply to
Doug

something that small should not effect your tranny at all but I would worry about getting your speedometer recalibrated tho or you will have a severe misreading as you get up in speed ,but if for some reasons your tranny starts shifting funny you can go get the the tranny shift points recalibrated for the change most performance shops has a handheld device or a laptop that can be hooked into your onboard computer to adjust the shift points accordingly along with finetuning your engine to work more efficiently ,never hurts to do some readjusting ,in fact some dealers are pretty friendly about the readjusting of the shift points for you and depending on the dealer will do it for you and can be done usually in about 20-45 minutes ,just call around and ask about getting that done good luck

Reply to
badaztek