Stereo?

Whew...I didn't think you were, but then again, I'm sure that Doc isn't one either.

I'm not sure how great of an idea it is to post with your real name. I do give out my real first name at the end of every post, and I'm sure that if anyone wanted to spend even the least bit of time looking around, they could figure out my last name. In fact, I believe that someone around here might have inadvertantly mentioned my last name anyway. The longer I've been on here, the less I really care.

No, it doesn't seem strange. We all seem to have our own temperments that manifest themselves in different ways. It would probably be quite boring if everyone posted in the identical way....or there were no arguments, or personality conflicts. Fallen creatures and all that.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

William, can you elaborate please? Not a troll or looking for a flame-war, just curious what "all I've done and said lately in the group" that is so suprising.

Doc (aka "Mr. Hyde")

Reply to
"Doc"

Hi!

Well, maybe. I'll try at least. Perhaps my memory is wrong, and if so, my sincere apologies to you.

It's just that I don't ever remember you using the swear words so much or becoming so "upset" when people (or people new to the group) questioned the words of some of the more seasons veterans here. It used to be polite if you said anything at all, now perhaps it isn't so much.

Nah, neither am I. (I would like to stay on your good side though!!! :-) ) It's just your reaction to newbies and people who question the advice of others that I think has perhaps changed.

However--far be it from me to care or censor or anything like that. I'm just a curious being and happen to be wondering why...

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Hi!

Oh please please tell me that you were joking there!

I guess it does mean that your radio would play for a little bit after the crash though...after all doesn't the airbag system usually have backup power?

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

In-inline...............he he he he he

I am a firm advocate of learning your environment before opening your mouth. For usenet, this would entail lurking for at least a few days and finding out who's advice to heed, and who's advice to ignore. When some newbie pops up and insults one of the best techs on this ng, it irritates me for several reasons. First, the seasoned tech is not getting the respect he deserves, and second, the fool who is insulting him is just screwing himself when he needs advice on a later basis. There are guys on here who do this for a living every-single day, and are still neat enough to offer their expertise for FREE on a daily basis.

Noticed that our Trans-Guru is GONE lately? Wonder why? Think about it.

You'll always be on my good side William. You are decent to everyone, and damn hilarious at times as well! I have no problem with anyone questioning advice given by others, in fact I encourage it. Asking questions facilitates the learning process, but "questions" can be asked in a respectful or disrespectful manner. It's when someone asks a question, gets a great answer from someone with 30+ years of experience, then returns the favor by being a condescending asshole.

I guess I'm just getting tired of the same old shit day-in and day-out. I hang around on the ng's because I enjoy working on and repairing trucks (and anything else gasoline-powered for that matter), and enjoy helping people save their hard-earned moolah by helping them diagnose and fix the problem themselves. I know how much I appreciated the time my mentor spent with me when I was first getting started and how much money his help and wisdom has saved me over the years, and just want to give a little back.

Does that satisfy your curiosity?

Doc (tor Jeckyl)

Reply to
"Doc"

Yes I had noticed and I hope he returns. I kind of liked his "no bull" style. I don't think the last posts he made indicated that anything unusual was going on Bob

Reply to
Bob

AFAIK he just got sick of all the idiots and decided to take a usenet vacation. I hope he's back soon as well. His troll-o-meter was classic.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I noticed him gone for a while too?

What about Marsh Monster?

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

Ol' Marsh will likely show up whenever a passer-by spots him in the ditch he passed out in and wakes him up!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Not hard to get sick of the idiots on here... same reason I hardly ever get involved anymore.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Kimmell

Yeah, you used to be pretty regular on here until 8 months or so ago IIRC. Like anything in life, things get old eh? I've been thinkin' of following suit and taking a break myself. (and no, I won't let the door hit me in the ass on the way out! he he he he).

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I feel the same way..

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

What say all us knowledeable folks bugger off for a few months and see what happens? It'd be funnier n' shit to lurk and see the bonehead ideas some have on here go undisputed. Can you imagine good ol' Eliott without anyone one here to keep him in check? We'd have people around the country using goddamn extension cords as battery cables................................

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I'm in (or out, as the case may be)!

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

That's why I read alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks more closely than this group. Less crap to filter through.

Big Chris

Reply to
Big Chris

Shall we set an official date and drop em' a good ol' f-u e-mail first?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

July 1 works for me, as I'll be making the 1,200 mile trek to KY..

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

That's a good idea...Canada Day....vacation time for me.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

July 1st it is! .