Strange electrical problem.

Trying to help a friend fix his truck.

Started out with the windshield wipers turning on by themselves. Wiper switch was off. Sometimes hitting the brakes turned them off. Then dash lights started to come on during the daytime by themselves. Both turn signal lights on, (like 4way flasher is blown).

Bought this truck used, 94 GMC Sonoma 4.3l 2wd. Previous owner had no problems, but had alarm removed before he sold it.

I have my ideas, but looking thru this forum, I see many posts about wiring problems, and hoped this might ring a bell.

Truck has 115,000 miles, and only item replaced was the fuel pump.

Reply to
Bill

I found a 15A fuse in a socket where a 5A should be. It was for "ALUM". No owners manual to tell me what ALUM is. 15A in a 5A is NOT good, and have no idea what it is for.

Reply to
Bill

could be some kind of lighting module. memory feed. Your problem sounds like a lifted ground somewhere. The ground mounts tend to be in the kick panel area right by the dash.

the fact that a 15A is in a 5A slot suggests there was some problem. 5A is typically used by modules only and they can't really get stuck causing extra current draw like say, power seats or windows or any other motors.

Reply to
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert