stumble but no codes

96 Silverado 305 140k has a warm up stumble. Seems to go away when it gets to operating temp. I have not ever replaced the EGR, don't really know where it is on this truck. Could that cause this symptom?

Thanx Mike

Reply to
Mike Copeland

"" wrote: > 96 Silverado 305 140k has a warm up stumble. Seems to go away > when it > gets to operating temp. I have not ever replaced the EGR, > don't really > know where it is on this truck. Could that cause this symptom? > > Thanx > Mike

I dont believe it has a egr. My 96 1500 does not!

Reply to
greasytool

OK, thx, guess I'm showing my ignorance. I just got the SES light, I will post the code when I get it read.

Reply to
Mike Copeland

Maybe check for a cracked vacuum line. My 95 4.3 had a similar problem and no codes. A very close inspection found a section of one of the vacuum lines had cracked (naturally at the back of the engine). Replaced the line and the problem went away.

H> "" wrote:

Reply to
ronlin

That is a good thought. I will prolly put a vacuum gauge on there for further diags. The stumble goes away after warm up so if it is a vacuum problem it maybe a hard fitting. It only seems to occur in a specific temp range. Maybe I'll just start it up in the driveway and try the old starting fluid diag to find it. Thanx for getting me thinking in that direction, it does seem to fit the symptoms. Mike

Reply to
Mike Copeland