Swapping engines - 4.3 for a 5.3

I have a 99 Silverado, ext. cab, short bed and a 4.3 V6 that is always working really hard to get anywhere when I have it loaded with my welding equipment. Is swapping engines to a 5.3 a feasable idea rather than buying a new truck? I mean, do people do it and would it be worth the trouble? What all would be involved? Beefed up front suspension, ect? Mega $$$? Thanks, "Bear" from So. Cal.

Reply to
Barry W

if it has the muncie (sp?) tranny or any other you are going to have to beef it up (replace). I have the muncie on my 96 and on the second one the other one the slector gear thing went out only had the main shaft (4th gear), that was a long drive to MI from Ark. that way. Carl

Bubba In Italy

"Barry W" wrote

Buying a new truck will be a lot less painful. And by new truck, I mean another 99 with a v-8 in it.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai