Swishing, Grinding noise when air conditioner is running

Hi, On my 2004 Silverado, I hear what sounds like a swishing or grinding noise when the air conditioner compressor is running. It really sounds like the liquid and gas swirling though the pipes and not a physical grinding. Its not the fan, I only heard it when the compressor is running. To hear it I have to turn my fan on low. Its not really very loud or annoying. I was just wondering if anyone else hears an air conditioner noise like this.

Thanks, Brian

Reply to
BrianK

I hear that in many AC systems. Mostly the swishing/swirly noise, not really a grinding. I think it's the freon as it squirts into the evaporator. You can often hear it for several seconds after you shut the engine off as teh remaining pressure in the ac system bleeds down.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher