Tahoe Tow/Haul problem

Hello, I have a 2001 Chevy Tahoe with the tow/haul mode button on the shifter. This function has stopped working and I have found that the wire (2 conductor, too small to fix and still be flexable) is broken. Has anyone ever fixed one of these? A new shifter is $170 at the dealer and how to you remove just the shifter from the truck? I don't want to put a remote switch in or any other non-standard fix.

Thanks a lot, Craig

Reply to
csmith

Fixed, shifter was screwed in with a Torx bolt and after removal the wires were touched up with flux and solder and all appears to be well.

2.5 hour job with all the dash parts being removed to easily unplug the tow/haul harness under the knee plate. Craig,
Reply to
csmith