TBI Adjustment/Rebuild on '93 350...

Hi all,

My truck has about 90K on it and runs well except that the exhaust smells really "wet" and I get pretty poor mileage (

Reply to
Scott

Fuel pressure regulator is likely going south on ya.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

What was the CO percent?

Reply to
Scott M

I don't remember the exact number but it was much lower than the max allowed, like 5-10%. I remember the HC count because it was so bad.

Reply to
Scott

If so, sould I have the TBI rebuilt since I have to partially disassemble it to get to the regulator? Is replacing the regulator typically part of a rebuild or might it cost extra?

Thanks Doc.

Reply to
Scott

TBI's don't need "rebuilt" like carbs do as they have 1/50 the moving parts. The only thing mechanical that is a common problem is the fuel pressure regulator, so I'd start there and see where it gets ya. Best bet would be to hook it to a Tech 2 or other realtime scanner and compare injector pulse width and 02 sensor readings to see if it's truly a FPR problem.

How do the plugs look? Sooty?

Doc

30K)
Reply to