TH400 Woes

Does any know how difficult, on a scale of 1-10, it is to rebuild a TH400 if you've never done it before?

I'm pretty handy but is this something I should leave to a professional?

Reply to
Edmonton ChevGuy

"Edmonton ChevGuy" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@automotive-usenet.com...

Never rebuilt a TH400 or never rebuilt ANY automatic? If the former then you should be OK, if the latter I'd leave it to a pro.

Reply to
Augustus

Both the turbo-hydromatic 400 AND 350 require special tools. Even if you're familiar with transmission rebuilding, you can't do these two without the tools.

Reply to
Steve Barker