timing 96 Vortec 5.7L

I just replaced my lower intake gaskets. I now have a problem with the timing. I made marks when I pulled the Dist and tried to stab it back as best I could. When I got it all back together it started right up and runs great. When you put it in drive and ease into the throttle it acts fine. If you try and give it alot of gas it falls on its face and spits and sputters. how do I adjust this out ?

Sodbrother

Reply to
sodbrother

Jeremy Bomkamp

Sure you don't have a vacuum leak or have inadvertantly left something disconnected? OR there is the possibility of being one tooth off on the dist gear. The marks you made were on the distributor housing to the manifold (I am assuming) you could have the housing in the same spot, but NOT the rotor. the CPU will compensate for that some at idle, but not at throttle.

Eightupman

Reply to
Eightupman