Timing for Chevy 454

I am looking for something simple and for the life of me cannot locate it. All I am looking for is the Timing Spec for a Chevy 454 at sea-level. It is nothing fancy, no a/c, has ps, pb and that is it. It is a 1985 454 sitting in a C30 Chevy truck.

My email is snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Thanks...

Mike

Reply to
mp

If automatic, 8 degrees before top dead center, vacuum line removed from distributor and plugged, engine idle 700rpm in gear.

If manual transmission, 4 degrees before top dead center, warm engine Idle (600 RPM) vacuum line off distributor and plugged

AC Delco R44T plugs gapped at .045 or AC Delco RapidFire #10 gapped as they come out of the box.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning