Timing on a 1994 GMC K1500

On subject vehicle, 350 auto 4X4, where is the damned electronic spark timing (EST) connector? I want to check my timing and the "book" says there a connector under or near the firewall relay cover. This connector is supposed to have a tan wire with a black stripe. I can't find the &*^%$ ing thing!! Any ideas as to where this connector may be? Thanks Andy

Reply to
AndyW

I replaced the engine in my motorhome and had the same problem. Check the wires carefully. I could not see mine either. I folowed the wire from the distrib. and it was right there in front of me the whole time hope this helps

Reply to
Walt Miller

On my 94, it's below the jockey box, just in front of the heater box. Tim sends

Reply to
Tim

I found it behind the glove box. Now, I have to see about getting a distributor wrench to loosen the bolt...couldn't get to it with anything I had. Regardless, the timing was a few degress below the 0 degress BTDC mark. Do you think that matters? Doesn't seem to affect driveability. Andy

Reply to
AndyW