tonneau cover

What are the opinions out there about tanneau covers? Is the hard foldable one the best or are the cheaper soft ones with square snaps or other types just as good?

Reply to
Jeff Folkert

I have an S-10 and for the past three years I had a tonneau cover with all the snaps around it. It did the job, but recently the snaps started to rip out of the vinyl, and the plastic corners broke also. About two weeks ago I got an Access Roll-up cover, and I'm very happy with it. I like it because no snaps and it has more bars that stretch across so it is more ridged, plus you can adjust the tension. Granted it has only been a couple of weeks, so we'll see. I don't really have an opinion about the hard foldable ones. If you were also looking at fiberglass ones, which are nice but expensive, the only concern is you have to have at least two people to remove them so you can haul something big.

Hope this helps. John

Reply to
John

Has allot of covers. I also have a Access Roll up cover. Tim

Reply to
Tim

I just ordered an UnderCover tonneau cover from 4wheelonline.com Just waiting for it to be delivered.

Reply to
Sigwings

One bit of advice if you go with a soft, vinyl cover... don't use petroleum based "protectants". They will make the cover look good for a few days but they will cause the vinyl to dry out and wear faster. Use a good protectant that is water based. I like the 303, Aerospace Protectent. It can be found in most boat shops. It offers UV protection and won't break down the plastic like petroleum products.

Reply to
Todd Copeland

I like the Hard Roll Up Covers. I had a Soft Cover with the Snaps on my 77 Chevy, and it was OK, but a Pain at times when I needed to open it up and then snap it back. I didn't have it as long as the current one I have which is a Pace Edwards Bedlocker, Powered Roll Top Cover on my 03 Chevy. It's virtually Flush all the way around. It Opens and Closes by remote control, though you can ad a switch for inside the cab if you want. It has a Light that's nice when it's dark out. I can hit the button and have it open it up and it only uses up like a foot of the back space of the cap, and still about 6 inches under the box. It works out nice for me. My brother has a Hard Cover on his truck, and who does he call to come down and pick up his Large TV? Me, as he can't just easily take it top off, let alone plan ahead to take it off before he decides to buy something large. It's not cheap though, but they have a Manual version that's also quite nice about Half the price. It's the best of both worlds. A Hard Cover that Disappears when you need to at any time with ease. No Snaps, No Bows, No Heavy lifting.

There are some other companies that make this type of Cover, but most that I see have a Large Ugly cover at the front of the Cab were the roll top cover is stored in.

JBDragon