tonneau covers

I just recently bought a tonneau cover for my truck. The brand name is Omar and it is a soft snap cover for a chevy sportside vehicle.

does anyone know of a website that offers there products or at the very least a website for the company itself or a phone number I can call?

I bought the cover new and it didn't come with any clamps to hold the rails in place.

Thanx

Mike

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below

Michael McNeil

i had a similiar question see there are ugly diamond plated covers over the rails of my bed and i want a tonneau cover but it is a stepside,anyone make one that size? i would like to have a hard top cover if that helps

Reply to
William C.

I debated on a hard cover for a few days until I saw the price tag on one. $968 cdn before taxes. So after seeing that price I said screw it. Good decision tho because a few days after that noticed one on a truck similiar to mine and the hard cover made it look... well... made it look gay. :) I guess that's the best way to describe it

A company called Caps Plus deals with stepside hard or soft covers. A stepside is basically bringing the size of the box to a 1/4 ton top

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below

Michael McNeil

I put a cover on my truck that is not only good looking but very easy to use. It is called "Access" and has Velcro side attachments on rails that clamp to the inside lip of the box. No holes to drill and is a very clean simple installation. I'm very happy with it. '

I used to have a hard cover and found it to limit>

Reply to
Jim Bryant

I have had an Access cover on my 97 K1500 from new. It is still in excellent condition. The only thing I have had to do to it was replace the hook part of the Velcro strip. The adhesive on the original one went bad and came loose. I got new self adhesive hook material from 3M and it has been great since.

I am surprised that after 8 years, the vinyl is still in great shape.

The features of the Access cover I like best are the fact that you can tighten up the cover with a couple simple adjustments and that the rails do not cover the bed rails (clamp to the inside) so the paint will not only stay on the bed rails, but will not fade differently so when I remove the cover some day I will not see a fade line.

Reply to
Roller