towing capacity for 2002 venture

i have a 2002 chevy venture van with the 3.4 liter engine. i do not have the factory tow package b/c i did not think i would be towing anything, however I would like to get a small runabout. is there anything that i can do to improve the towing capacity of this vehicle. The manual says that without the tow package i can only tow 2000, but with a tow package i could tow 3500. i was wondering what exactly the tow package consisted of and what i could do to add a "tow package" to my van.

thanks Rob Ruxer Hopewell,va

Reply to
RLRUXER

The tow package consists mainly of a weight distributing receiver type hitch. You should also add a transmission cooler.

Don

Reply to
<dnelson