Towing w/ 03 Chevy S-10 2.2L V4

Hey all,

I've got a question for all of you. My grandmas house needs to be cleaned out. We are taking a foldout couch and a couple other things. We've got a 04 Chevy Venture and an 03 Chevy S-10 2.2L V4 auto.

The question is, would you load the foldout couch in the bed of the truck or would you get a hitch on the truck and tow a trailer with it in it?

The truck is a 2003 Chevy S-10, with the 2.2L engine.

Thanks everyone, Matt F.

Reply to
Matt F.

I carried furniture in the bed of my 2000, two couches, one flipped on top of the other.

Reply to
Eugene Nine

You could do either. Not too much weight there at all.

If you want to tow a trailer though, keep it light since you have an auto trans. Buddy of mine towed twin snowmobile trailer behind 97 4 cyl S-10 with auto and trans gave out at just over 60,000 miles. Standard trans trucks last much longer if towing.

I have a 96 4 cyl standard, tow and haul all kinds of stuff, over 170,000 miles, no problems at all - just do your basic maintenance...

TL

Reply to
Tom Levigne

Reply to
mudmonkey

Thanks everyone. Doesn't look like I'd be able to get a hitch soon enough for this Sunday anyway, so we'll just deal with the bed.

Another question...when I first got the truck, there was a shaking in the steering wheel when I got to 2000 rpm and then it went away. It may be gone now (I haven't paid attention to it recently, just have gotten used to it) but its been in the shop 2 times (3rd door handle and solenoid needed replacing) and they havent said anything else was wrong.

Thanks for everything, Matt

Reply to
Matt F.