Towing with 2004 Chevy Blazer 4x4 - 4 door = QUESTIONS!!!!

Friends,

My company will be purchasing a new work vehicle for me, which I will ALSO be using for towing my race car (3200 lbs) and a trailer (~1200 lbs) for a total of 4400 (i think that sounds right).

Per the company buying the vehicle I am only allowed to choose between the Chevy Blazer 4x4 4 door and the Ford Escape. I am sure the Escape won't tow this load (and besides, it's a f$#D), but I thought the chevy might handle it ok. From the Chevy.com website I have the following data...

Model Max. Trailer Weight1 Axle Ratio Max. GCWR(lbs.)

4-Door 5200 3.42 9500

And so that looks ok, but now to the question.

Have any of you done this? Does the standard Chevy hitch handle it or do I need to plan an upgrade?

Suggestions? Thanks very much for any ideas/ experiences you have with this Chevy.

Brian LaRose

Brian LaRose

So THERE IS NOBODY out there who has towed with a 2003 or 2004 4 door blazer 4x4? I think SOMEBODY can help me out..

HOW DOES IT HANDLE WITH A 5000 POUND LOAD?

Brian

Reply to
Brian LaRose

Impatient, aren't you?

Forget about towing 4400 PLUS with a Blazer (or do you really plan to go to races with *no* gear other than the race car?). The 4x4 is irrelevant, *at best*.

Una

Reply to
Una