Trailblazer firewall

I just bought an xm radio for my wife and am trying to find the easiest route to run the wire through the firewall. It's an 03 Trailblazer.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
german300

<ajeeperman

Greetings,

I've installed XM receivers in a few vehicles and in any typical installation there are only two wires you need to worry about - power and antenna. For power, I recommend tapping into the hot lead for either your cigarette lighter or aux. power plug in your dash, or you could find a hot pin on one of the connectors to your fuse center under your dash. For the antenna, mine works just fine with the wire run up the side of the dash and tucked into the gap and placed on the dash either in the corner on center on the side nearest the FM antenna. So far I've not found a need to run the XM antenna to the outside on the roof on all the vehicles I've worked on except for my wife's Pontiac Vibe.

Word of warning - depending on which XM receiver you have, some don't take

12v. The SkyFi2 and some others use 6v and there is a voltage reducer in the power plug included with the receiver. DO NOT simply cut off the plug end and tap the wires into hot lead as this could fry your receiver. Best thing to do is remove your glove box and install an aftermarket 12v socket behind it and then just run the receiver's plug to it. Strap everything up so it doesn't rattle or interfere with the glove box when you put it back in place.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

To ad some help it's not to hard to take the dash brazel off and if you are able to take your radio out look for the ORANGE wire that would be the

12volt constant and the BLACK/WHITE wire it the ground. if you need a Swtich 12volt then you need to go into the steering wheet control and look for the pink and light green wire. hope it works for yea
Reply to
pika