Trailblazer Starting Problems

I've got a 02 Trailblazer that has been giving me a problem since last year. More often than not this occurs when it's colder out. Put the key in the ignition lights come on (very bright) radio works, fan works but the engine won't turn over. It's like it's not getting the signal to start, there is no sound, not even a click from the starter. Turned the key about a half dozen times this morning getting absolutely nothing then on the 7th try it fired right up.

Had it to Chevy last year, they dropped a new starter in it because they couldn't figure anything else out. Because it is intermittent mechanics area having a hard time determining the cause. I even installed a new battery.

Oh ya, since last year it's now out of warranty - Go figure.

Thanks

Ed

flhtc(at)mooserider(dot)com

Reply to
Charlie Dog

will have an answer for you.

Reply to
topprolmc

Had this same issue with 2006 TB Ext. They ended up replacing the ignition switch (After first replacing the PCM based solely on error codes generated).

In the meantime, when it acts up, you can reset the computer by disconnecting the battery for a minute, reconnecting, and waiting a few minutes.

Fortunately for me, it was all under warranty.

John

Reply to
John

Ignition switch and ignition relay, common problems.

Reply to
Meat Plow

You guys were right, they replaced the ignition switch. Had a crack in it; so far so good.

Thanks

Ed

Reply to
Charlie Dog

Make sure you don't have a bunch of keys and junk hanging on your ignition keys. Not saying this was the culprit but it's never a good idea regardless.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Is the ignition switch still a seperate thing on the column (not a part of the lock)

not someting a bunch of keys would mess up?

just want to know cause I've been out of the loop for a few years.

Is there still a rod that goes to the switch..? just like GM has done for sooo many years?

Thanks.

Reply to
ScottM

The weight of a bunch of crap on your key ring will eventually damage the lock and the key. That's the point I was making.

Reply to
Meat Plow