Tranny Problems

I have a 2002 Silverado Quadrasteer. Transmission has failed at 25,187 miles, 49,263 miles, and now at 79,362 miles. First two failures were the reaction shell; I suspect the same problem this time, as reverse,

2nd, and 4th gears are out just like the first two times. All Chevrolet has to say about it is that it's highly unusual, and they are to let me know tomorrow if they'll pay for this repair. The service manager told me on the 2nd failure that it would be a continual problem, and is due to a poor design. He said the splines on the reaction shell aren't course enough and can't handle the torque. Any idea how much this will cost me if Chevy won't pay? Should I use aftermarket parts vs. Chevy parts? Will a 4L80E bolt in in place of my 4L60E?
Reply to
Tumbleweed

Jessie Herrera

Reply to