Trans and Diff Fluid capacities

Does anyone know what the ATF fluid capacity on a 2001 Tahoe is? I believe it is the 4L60E. Also, what is the fluid capacity of the rear end? I looked in the owners manual but it didn't give me either one of those capacities.

TIA for the input.

Reply to
Racer X

Transmission fluid with a filter change (drop pan only) is 5 quarts. Totally empty I think is 12 or 13 quarts. The differential depending on which on it has is about 2.4 or 2.7 quarts.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

Thanks for the input. I did the diff this evening. I added 3qts of Red Line gear oil. I'll do the trans tomorrow night.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Racer X

Thanks for the info. I did the diff this evening. I put 3qts of Red Line gear oil in it. I'll do the trans tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Racer X