Trans fluid & filter change

Have never done this before. Should I expect any surprises on a 98 K1500,

60,000 miles? I am doing this in advance of a 800 mile towing trip.
Reply to
D Wrate

~~ Trans fluid & filter change Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Sun, Oct 5, 2003, 9:25am (CDT-1) From: dwrateinterbaundotc0m (D=A0Wrate)

Have never done this before.

Should I expect any surprises on a 98 K1500, 60,000 miles?

I am doing this in advance of a 800 mile towing trip.

Reply to
Scribb Abell

scrib abell ~ "next customer" ~

lol ...

Reply to
KJ

Dave,

1) Do NOT use RTV to seal the pan gasket, use a torque wrench. 10-15 ft/lbs. 2) Clean the inside of the pan including the magnet until it's clean enough to perform brain surgery on. Brake parts cleaner works great.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

WD40 in a pinch.

Reply to
KJ

AutoZone Carb Cleaner..........cheap and works well

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer