Trans shifting question

'95 GMC 1500 350/auto 4 spd w/od, stock, had trans out and rebuilt at 35,000 miles, as trans had a delay shifting into reverse, and occasional slippping in reverse, from day one. Dealer did the rebuild under warranty, and since then it's acted fine, with 76,000 on the clock now, with one small strange thing happening. If I am traveling at 40 or 45 or so, and I apply the brakes and slow to 15-20, and then reapply the throttle, the truck seems to hang in too high a gear, maybe 3rd, and as I apply more throttle, the trans will downshift into second and go, but it's a kind of abrupt shift, not at all as smooth as all the other shifts the truck makes. This is under normal driving, not whomping on it, smooth brakes and smooth throttle........any ideas? Does Gary come around here any more?

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

He'll be back...

Meanwhile, I think he'll tell you that the torque convertor isn't coming out of lock up. How serious the solution is, you'll have to wait for. How many times have you changed the transmission fluid and filter since the rebuild, and when was the last?

Reply to
John Alt