transmission question

I have trade my Chevy Camaro and my Jeep Cherokee for a 97'Chevy Blazer a week ago. The car had 89k. On my way home my engine light came on and it seem that my gears shifted harder. I took it back and they clean the EGR valve. I asked them to change my transmission because the fluid was dirty and now my transmission fluid is leaking. The mechanic there told me that the dipstick was rusty, but the bottom of the fluid was clean. He also showed me the pen when he took it off and it was clean. The car starts good and idle good as well. It seems to change gears OK, only after all day long drive and standing still in traffic, it started shift a little harder again. Then I have noticed some fluid under the car, while parking it. Any suggestions? The car was over 8,000 and as is, but I have reported problems w/in 48 hours. Any suggestions on this problem?

Reply to
Gunes

You most likely need a new transmission. Go to the nearest Autozone or NAPA and have them scan your computer for codes. Ten bucks says P1870 rears it's ugly head.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

. . . ====== ====== transmission question Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Sun, Feb 22, 2004, 3:55pm (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net (Gunes)

I have trade my Chevy Camaro and my Jeep Cherokee for a 97'Chevy Blazer a week ago. The car had 89k.

On my way home my engine light came on and it seem that my gears shifted harder. I took it back and they clean the EGR valve. I asked them to change my transmission because the fluid was dirty and now my transmission fluid is leaking. The mechanic there told me that the dipstick was rusty, but the bottom of the fluid was clean. He also showed me the pen when he took it off and it was clean.

The car starts good and idle good as well. It seems to change gears OK, only after all day long drive and standing still in traffic, it started shift a little harder again. Then I have noticed some fluid under the car, while parking it. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Marsh Monster