Troubleshooting question??

I have a '93 Chevy pickup with the 6 cylinder and around 140,000 miles. It has recently stared backfiring through the carb and losing power especially when climbing a hill at or above 60 mph. I have replaced the plugs, distributor + cap and rotor, and the fuel filter. I'm still having the problem though. Any ideas on what else it might be? Thanks.

Joe

Reply to
Joe C.

Try checking the ignition cables to see if one (or more) of them has unusually high resistance. The normal reading is about 1k to 2k ohms and a=A0bad one could read many times higher.

Reply to
Rich B

Compression and timing OK? Valve sticking?

Reply to
Dick

You've got a '93 with a carb?

Reply to
Jeremy Chavers

Most likely a throttle body. Easy to mistake if you don't know, or don't look - not much difference between the two.

Reply to
KJ

Thanks for the tips.

Joe