TSB for Intermediate Steering Shaft 2004 Silverado

Greetings,

Can someone please direct me to the proper TSB or part number for the lube kit for the intermediate steering shaft for my 2004 CHevy Silverado 2500HD. I had the shaft replaced under warranty, but the truck now is out of the warranty period (and then some) and the problem is starting again. I want the dealer to lube the shaft with the kit - which I understand is less than $20.00 - before he tells me that the only other option is to replace the shaft for much more money.

I figure that if I know the part number or the TSB, the service advisor can't tell me that there's no other way to handle the problem other than the more expensive replacement.

Thanks - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Shep

====== ======

I need the engine size and if it's a 2wd or 4wd.

post all the vehical info the first time to enact proper diagnosis and repair.

any whooooo........

I did a general TSB search using a 6.0 ltr 2wd 2500 series Siverado, and, not knowing WHAT the "problem" is and having to guess......

what I came up with was one TSB that addressed pulling the shaft completely out for greasing. No mention of any kit that allows for greasing it.

Again, post the info needed for a more acurate search and I'll look again, and get the #'s you wanted.

~:~ Marsh Monster ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster
2004 Chevy 2500HD short-bed crew cab, 6.6L Duramax LB7, Allison 5-spd auto, 2wd, 3.73:1 rear axle. Oh, and it's green.

Someone else mentioned a "lube kit" for around $14.00 from his dealer in a post in this NG (but I can't find the reference anymore). I don't mind if they have to pull the shaft to lube it - what I do mind is being told that replacing the entire shaft at my expense is the only way to go. I want to know what alternatives there are to replacement so I can go in to my dealer informed and not ignorant.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

======== ========

you've got mail

~:~ marsh ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Thanks much, I appreciate it.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Johnathan,

Just go to the parts counter and ask for the intermediate steering shaft lube kit. If they don't know what you're talking about, find a different dealer. You can do it yourself.

Reply to
mkirsch1

==== ==== yer welcome.

If the part numbers didn't show up in the boxes, sorry. But it's the nature of the site that I sent them from.

any whooo...

~:~ marsh ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster