Turn signal question

Recently, the blink rate(what is the technical term?:-)) on my left signal has doubled and seems to be louder. The right turn signal has not changed at all. Two things come to mind - capacitor failure and replacement or loose wire somewhere.

Thanks

Ed

Reply to
Ted Fagan

Burnt out bulb?

Reply to
Meat Plow

Did you recently change one of bulbs? If you replaced with a heavy duty bulb, it will cause this issue.

Reply to
Mark Schooley

what capacitor? You've got a bad bulb somewhere.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Normally it's just a burnt out Bulb. Check that first, The side flashing FASTER is the side with one out, front or back. Should be a simple fix. You may want to go ahead and check and make sure there aren't any others out. The Center Brake light seems to always burn out a lot, but sometimes one or the other brakes lights may be out also.

Reply to
JBDragon

Not only a burned out bulb, but mismatched bulbs can cause it too. There are 2 on each side in the front turn signal. I got a replacement that was a different wattage than the original and it still blinked too fast. That was hard to figure out. I replaced all four with the same type and it fixed it.

Roy

Reply to
Roy