Two piece Driveshaft Question

I have a 1995 GMC Sierra extended cab with a long bed and I had to remove the driveshaft to get it rebalanced and have the ujoints and center bearings replaced. My question is what is the correct phase for the ujoints? I did not check the relationship of the ujoints to each other and now I know that I should have. There are 3 sets of ujoints and a center bearing and it is a 2 piece driveshaft. The shop that balanced the driveshaft said that these shafts were known for balance problems, Is this true? Thanks in advance, Phil Wolf

Reply to
PW

Align the splines so that the front u-joint is in phase with the middle u-joint.... the caps should be on the same plane or clocked position, aka 3 6 9 12 o'clock...u no what I'm trying 2 say

Reply to
Mad Dog

Have you checked to see if there is a master spline? I'm fairly sure that you can only install the rear driveshaft to the front driveshaft one way.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai