Type of fuel injection in S-10

What year did they switch the S-10's fuel injection system from the one with the two injectors sitting on top of the Throttle body to the system with the spider inside the manifold?

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

1992
Reply to
aarcuda69062

But you could still get a TBI. My 94 is TBI and the parts book list both as being available.

Reply to
Ronald Thompson

For some years there is a regular and a High Output option. I wonder if that was the difference between the two types of injection.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

On Wed, 02 May 2007 18:59:21 -0700, Ashton Crusher rebooted the Etch-A-Sketch and scribbled:

I don't know about that. I had a '95 Jimmy with the first year spider injector - which was replaced three times during the 7 years / 150K I had the truck.

I know the first injector models had a poor design which allowed for easy clogging of the ports. (This is something shared by many early injector models across auto makers AFAIK.)

The third injector I put in was done so at 70K miles and lasted without a problem until I sold the truck at 150K.

IIRC, there was only the TBI model and the SFI option between '94 and '95 when the S-10 and S-15 trucks were switching over. Not sure when the C/K trucks switched.

The odd thing is that I believe you could get more power from a 4.3L TBI than an SFI. Though the SFI started with more power (190HP vs. 160HP), the mods available to the TBI models provided greater HP gains for less money.

Of course, you could always just drop in a 350 V8, too. :P

Reply to
PerfectReign

My 93 S10 PU w/2.8 was the throttle body type.

Reply to
Gordon