Reply to
Tony D

There are two issues involved with Winter Salt & Under Body Flushes....

#1 Where do you park your Salted Car... Heated or unheated(cold) Parking?? Heated Parking and under body Salt is a Bad situation... It's time to flush the Salt off via a Car Wash...

#2 Is the under Body surface E-Coated (Electrostatic Baked Paint) or Hot Melt Wax Dipped.......??

Running thru the Car Wash with the UnderBody Flush might eventually remove too much Hot Melt Wax protector.....

Again... heated parking with clinging salt & water is never a good situation....

It's your decision on how to handle the Salt....

Reply to
Dennis Mayer

Carwash Water is Not Fresh water

They REcycle it. They are actually washing your Car with old Salty water.

Dennis Mayer wrote:

Reply to
no one

Around my area, most car washes use FRESH water not recycled.

V.B.

Reply to
vb

Around my area they all use recycled water. It is best to check. Also, most well water (I live in the country) in our district has some salt in it.

Salt doesn't really dry. A layer or dried (so it appears) salt on metal attracts moisture 24-7 and the layer of moisture, being so very thin, is saturated with oxygen from the surrounding air. Steel rusts very quickly under these circumstances. Things can accelerate if the vehicle is parked on a lawn or in a grassy field as grass takes in CO2 and releases Oxygen all around and under the vehicle. Salt and grass makes rust so quickly you won't believe it even after witnessing it for yourself.

-- Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl

In my State(WI), Touchless Laser 4000 units are the Norm.....

They use Fresh Water for the Final Rinse only.... Possibly Programming dependent....

but that does no additional good for the initial under body Flush.....

I believe recycled, filtered water is used for the 4000 car wash with

wash chemicals added.....

Reply to
Dennis Mayer

You would not be able to afford to take ur Vehicle to a Carwash if ALL FRESH water was used.

Consider

Paying for the WATER . Paying For the SEWER TREATMENT . ( and this isnot CHEAP)

Reply to
no one