upgraded my steering wheel to have the radio controls on my sierra

I have a 2008 NBS GMC Sierra which did not have radio controls. If you want to upgrade to radio controls this is how I called the local gm dealer and asked if my truck was radio control compatible. I gave them the vin # they said it was so I ordered steering wheel PT# 15917931.

It is a solid black, leather wrapped wheel complete with cruise and radio buttons. My local GM dealer wanted 235 for it but I was able to find it at 'Chevy parts'

for188 plus shipping so I ordered it online to save a a few dollars. For the install disconnect the battery Neg. only and wait about 30 min. just to be safe. Got the biggest Allen wrench that will fit in the holes on each side of the wheel behind the controls. The airbag is clipped in there, and you have to put the wrench in straight and just feel around till you hit something about

1-2inches in, and you will feel the bag un-clip. Slowly remove the bag and pull the plastic clips that hold both wires. If they break your airbag light will stay on. Then disconnect the two clips from the back of the bag. Carry the bag carefully, facing up, and set it down softly. Unplug the one plug harness in the wheel, and remove the one bolt for the wheel. I did not need a puller, it came right off. Put new wheel in, in the marked position, plug in the one harness, Grab the airbag and put it up to the wheel, and plug in both plugs, then put in the plastic clips. If even one of the four legs breaks, your airbag light will stay on. Clip the airbag back in. Connect the neg. terminal, and just in case, from the passenger side, start the truck. Check the controls, the horn,look for an airbag light. It should be good to go, and not take very long to do.
Reply to
GMCJones