V1500 suspension differences ???

It is time to replace all shocks on My 1990 suburban 4x4, vin

1GNEV16K9LFxxxxxx, Installed are Dual toward rear Front shocks, And one coil spring over shock each side on the Rear. Leaf springs are also on all 4 wheels. How can one tell if the truck has Standard suspension, Quad suspension, Or the 4" lift kit. Is it possible to have Both Quad suspension and Lift kit installed? don
Reply to
dmlakc

Now I'm no 'burb authority, but not much about your suspension sounds stock. AFAIK the burb didn't have an OEM 4" lift. I don't think a "Z71" package was ever really offered on that body style. AFAIK the rear (stock) shocks wouldn't be coil overs, and either you or the PO put those on to help with some tubby kiddies in the back saggin' dem der springs. Quad shocks simply means 4 shocks, 2 per side, on the front axle. With the advances made in shocks / the fact you probably don't Baja the thing, if you get a quality set you only need 2 per axle.

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

Must be Quad suspension, Now to figure out if these are long or short shocks on the front. Gabriel shocks lists the V1500 suspension as 1989,1990, 1991. With the Standard, Quad, Or 4" lift as shock options. Dealer must have installed a "Tow Package" on this, That's where the coil over rear shock came from. Previous owner used this to tow his large boat. I have just about rebuilt the entire rear drive line. don

Reply to
dmlakc