V6 Diesel

Any chance of a 1/2 ton with a V6 diesel some time in the future??

Reply to
Marc

You mean you wish your auto manufacturer to help you save gas from Pres. Bushs gas gouging buddies. Maybe if he wouldn't of cut Saddams supplying the world market, to help his gas companies buddies. , This wouldn't of happened. We would still have cheap gas. Or do you mean you want Ford and Gm to give us some small engined diesel cars and trucks noone wanted to buy when they did offer them. ....Have you been a good citizen and demanding diesels for the last 30 years from your voted in politicians. Did you want one when gas was a dollar a gallon. Did you ever buy one of the following US made vehicles. Ford Escort diesel in 1984. Chevy Impala diesel 1984. Olds delta 88 diesel 1983. Mercedes Benz 6 cylinder diesel , Any year. VW diesel pick up truck, 1981, 2 , or 3. VW Rabbit/Golf diesel 1981-1986, 1992-1994. And 98 to Now. How about an 82 Chevy 6.2 diesel 1/2 ton pickup truck. Or any other in support of diesels from the 80s. Have you ever owned a 4 or

Reply to
none2u

You have been riding around in a diesel with dirty air filters, and a leaky exhaust system way to long.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Reply to
none2u

Reply to
none2u

The only thing stated on that page is about the requirements for Ultra low Sulphur fuel and how they may hold that requirement until 2010. No Ban on Diesel.

"The EPA estimates that, under the small refiner option, up to 5 percent of the market could delay making the transition to ULSD until 2010."

And since the last page update on that site was in 2001 even the above statement is wrong.

The US is still on course to meet its schedule for implementing ultra low-sulphur highway diesel fuel, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced. Under its "Clean Diesel Programme" the EPA is aiming to reduce 2.6 million tons per year of nitrogen oxides emissions from diesel exhaust. The agency says that its target to make the change during the next five years - the equivalent of eliminating air pollution from 13 million trucks - is on track. In its latest report, "Summary and Analysis of the 2004 Highway Diesel Fuel Precompliance Reports", the EPA says that by 2006 a total of 95 per cent of all transport diesel - 3 million barrels per day - will meet the

15 ppm sulphur-content standard in 2006. The EPA says that the fuel will be crucial in extending the life of catalytic convertors, which are now a pre-requisite in new diesel-fuelled vehicles. Diesel Technology Forum executive director Allen Schaeffer said that the development of clean technologies was an aim that manufacturers and regulators were committed to. "For the manufacturers of on-highway diesel engines, fuel refiners, and exhaust after-treatment manufacturers, 2007 is the ultimate clean-diesel milestone. From the time these new standards were adopted in 2000, the entire diesel industry has been working toward the fuel mandate," he explained. The EPA report says that its analysis of more than 120 refineries shows that suppliers will be well equipped to deliver the fuel needed to meet demand
Reply to
Steve W.

Hope that made you feel better. Mine was a legitimate question and I was hoping to get a reasonable answer. Your right, I've only owned one diesel in the past, a 1983 Ford Ranger, however, that doesn't mean that I'm a worst person for not buying the crap that was produced upto now. Diesel engines have come a long way, and yes gas prices are still going up, hence the reason to look into a diesel option. Thanks for your reply, please don't do it again. "none2u" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@centurytel.net...

Reply to
Marc

Could you please refer to the particular paragraph that says that Diesel fuel has been "...banned in the US" please?

Reply to
Shades

I thought this was a forum about trucks, not a forum for people who watch too much TV and believe everything they hear to post their BS political views. Try the Yahoo chat boards. You will fit in great there.

Reply to
rhajny via CarKB.com

I believe that only low-sulfur diesel is currently being sold in the US. That is one reason diesel prices are up in comparison to gasoline. It is my understanding that most refineries will have completed conversion to producing low-sulfur diesel by late 2006 or very early 2007. At this time the US refineries that haven't yet completed the conversion are selling their diesel overseas because it doesn't meet US standards.

Ron

Reply to
Ron Recer

=============== What is a Cummings diesel? A lot of guys talk about this manufacturer, but I have not been able to find out anything about them.

Reply to
X-rated Vermonter

Exactly, what do you think is being debated here? Diesel trucks.....

"rhajny via CarKB.com" a écrit dans le message de news:

5ebbeb2e96ad0@uwe...
Reply to
Marc

Reply to
rhajny via CarKB.com

Your right, sorry for jumping to fast.

"rhajny via CarKB.com" a écrit dans le message de news:

5eca1ba40fd3d@uwe...
Reply to
Marc