Vibrating Fuel Gauge

x-no-archive: yes

2000 Cadillac Escalade. The fuel gauge needle is vibrating very fast. It does function however in indicating proper fuel level. Is the sending unit just a resistance type or is it electronic? Could it be the gauge and not the sending unit? Looks like to me there is some AC getting into the circuit. Anybody experience this? I think the Tahoes are prone to the same problem, but I couldn't find a solution anywhere on the net.
Reply to
j_fuentes66

x-no-archive: yes

2000 Cadillac Escalade. The fuel gauge needle is vibrating very fast. It does function however in indicating proper fuel level. Is the sending unit just a resistance type or is it electronic? Could it be the gauge and not the sending unit? Looks like to me there is some AC getting into the circuit. Anybody experience this? I think the Tahoes are prone to the same problem, but I couldn't find a solution anywhere on the net.
Reply to
j_fuentes66

Had the same problem on a 99 suburban, replaced fuel pump, did not correct problem, probably a loose wire on gauge

Reply to
Wrecks (MCP)

Replace the sender in the tank.

V.B.

Reply to
V.B.

I'm guessing this is a tank drop type repair? :-( My '99 Suburban has been doing this for about six months now and other than being a bit of an annoyance, it is registering fine as well. It slams over to FULL at key on and then registers fine once started. I can live with it vibrating until it dies if it requires dropping the tank. It would be my luck I'd drop the tank, replace the sender, reassemble and about then the fuel pump would puke!

Reply to
Kevin

You know, that probably wouldn't happen because you probably would have to

buy the sender and pump together for about $500. ouch.

Reply to
ShoeSalesman

They only come together, cannot replace "just" the sender, or pump

Reply to
Wrecks (MCP)

Yes its a tank drop job.

V.B.