Washers on spider gears 03 Chevy TB rear end

What the hell would cause spider gear washers to disintegrate after 52K miles? Fluid was fine, I don't drive around in circles, burn rubber etc. They sure don't make this shit like they used to.

Reply to
Meat Plow

On Tue, 22 May 2007 10:05:18 -0400, Meat Plow wrote (in article ):

My 2003 Silverado had a problem in the rear diff. A smallchunk of metal from the differential casing had somehow become lodged behind a bearing. The result?? 2100 hundred dollars later I saved a $10, 000 quadra-steer differential...and the mileage - just over 100,000 km (62 k miles)....My first Chevy truck....not feeling "warm and fuzzy"

p.s. - I actually saw the piece of metal, and the stress marks on the bearing for myself - I don't think I would have believed them otherwise.

Reply to
Mo

Thanks for the reply. I've determined it really was caused by my driving habits. No I didn't power brake, neutral slam, reverse slam but just too heavy of a foot on the gas especially when those things actually rotate around corners, in rain and snow etc. I have a nearly fused right ankle so it's hard to take off gently. Also having a 275 horse motor was a factor. It will get babied now, live and learn.

Reply to
Meat Plow

What? A post by M>P and no mention of OMH???

LOL!

Reply to
PerfectReign

What's an OMH?

Reply to
Meat Plow

On Sat, 26 May 2007 16:06:43 -0400, Meat Plow rebooted the Etch-A-Sketch and scribbled:

Hatter?

Your favorite net kook.

Sorry just suprised to see a normal post here. :P

Reply to
PerfectReign

Where, in alt.trucks.chevy?

Reply to
Meat Plow

Anywhere!

Reply to
PerfectReign

And what made you think I couldn't make a normal post without mentioning OMH.

Reply to
Meat Plow

lol!

I need to stay away from 2600 and ahm a bit more.

I'm thinking too much about this '96 diesel suburban I drove the other day. 160K miles and he's selling it for $6300.

Temptation, temptation, temptation....

Reply to
PerfectReign

I don't sub to 2600 and hardly if ever origin posts in ahm. I post a lot in the sci. and repair froups. I try not to think about worthless idiots like omh these days, I haven't been reading his crap for a long time.

Does the seller have routine service documentation? (important) What motor?

Describe.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Somebody has been using your nym then...

Actually, yes. He's got a folder full of every single thing done to the truck.

6.5L TD. Drives very nice for a ten-year-old truck. New tires and new starter.

The guy hasn't replaced or moved the PMD, and just drove it back from Utah. I had no problems starting it and then re-starting it after idle.

It is a tough decision - especially since I'd probably need it as a daily driver and my Avalanche is so new.

Of course, I could just buy the diesel and keep the AV or inherit my wife's VUE.

Hey, look! I've successfully hijacked another thread. :P

Reply to
PerfectReign

Messages in 2600 originating from me and not replies cross posted? Look at my header it's hard to frog.

I read AHM and don't see anyone using my nym.

Tough call.

Reply to
Meat Plow