water in cylinders

My truck overheated the other day. after i let it cool i poured water into it and had steam coming out tail pipe. Today i pulled the plugs out to determine what side the leak was on and found water in number 3,5,2,4 cylinders. No water in the oil. I was thinking mabe the intake manifold might had cracked but cant see any with it off. So what im asking is , is there anything i should check for besides 2 blown head gaskets? Its a 1987 chevy C-20 with a 350 /tbi. Jeff

Reply to
acrguy

Cracked heads

Reply to
Battleax

I am thinking if the intake itself had cracked, there would be water in the oil. Since the water is in adjacent cylinders (on opposite sides obviously) then I too would look for cracked heads, or bad gasket, ,and worse yet a cracked blok, but that would be least likely in your described case. Last time I saw a cracked block, it was either because water froze inside it, ,ant it only effected one cylinder

Hey...if they are bad, you can do that performance upgrade you always wanted to do...and now you have a reason!!

Reply to
Eightupman

Reply to
Kingsway

My truck overheated the other day. after i let it cool i poured>

Sounds like a leaking intake manifold gasket, Chevy v8's use water passages in the manifold, a leak would blow water into the valley, and should show up in the oil, drain oil to verify water / no water, in oil. When I do a Chevy, I gently torque down the front and rear water passage bolts, than I follow mfg. torque sequence and spec. I use Permatex # 2 on the water passages, and let the motor sit overnight after final torquing, before filling cooling system

Reply to
451ctds