webtv ? idoits?

Im sorry if i offended anyone although i own a webtv and not a computer makes me less of a person.Im not trying to impose but help people with what i know on this subject as far a knowing how to you a computer yes i can also im a 10 year master mechanic with gm and more than likely know more than you but like in all cases there is one bad apply or two in the bunch who get their kicksout of making fun of people ut all i know is im sorry you havent found your way in life and this is all the meaning you seek.by the way i own a webtv because it is easier for my son whom has downs to use and this make him feel great so say what you will but in all honesty you are the idiot and should be filtered

Reply to
Steve Cook

Dude.

Doc's one of the most helpful guys here. And he's also one of the least critical of others. His request was simple - don't post to newsgroups in HTML format (*especially* one with a large graphic in a text only newsgroup) - it's poor 'netiquitte' (see: Ann Landers for the internet)

It's also damn hard to read. I'm not telling you that you're and idiot, or to not be patriotic. Just please, when posting to a newsgroup, follow the generally accepted rules - one of which being to not post in HTML.

I also don't recall anyone calling you an idiot. Maybe you took Bob's comment as such, maybe that's how it was meant, I don't know.

Jeremy '79 K1500HD

Signatures By The Tired Lion

Reply to
Jeremy Chavers

no problem about the HTML i understand it was just nomatter how helpfull you are you should show respect to others i thought this was about autos not weather or not the person was using a webtv or a computer seems childish to even care as long as their info is helpfull and they dont offend anyone ya know they may have not right out called anyone an idiot but the way they worded it made it sound that way.thanks for the input

Reply to
Steve Cook

Hi Steve. What Jeremy is saying is true. I appreciate your presence on the newsgroup, but the background graphic makes reading your text nearly impossible. In fact, I had to reformat your message in my reply in order to get rid of the stars and stripes background. I would like your opinion on the truck I'm looking at. Scroll down a few messages and take a look at my question about the truck's value. TIA.

Signatures By The Tired Lion

Reply to
Ann Meffert

I use both a computer and a WebTv to surf the net. I think that the HTML looks nice but it even causes problems with the WebTv units (slow loading). In the non-discuss groups, it would be very helpful to turn your HTML off so that it does not cause problems for the computer users

****************************************** I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Reply to
Rich B

Hey Steve, thanks for losing the HTML. I apologize if I was a little harsh but webtv users do tend to break all the rules with little regard for anyone else. I see you don't fit that profile and would like to welcome you aboard. Bob

Reply to
Bob

Steve, The problem is that 90 out of 100 WebTV posters come onto usenet and post in a stupid-assed font, with some gay picture of the wrestler Goldberg in the background, and some lame ass midi-file version of BOC's "Smoke on the Water" playing when you load their post. If this was an isolated incident, people wouldn't care. If I were making gross generalities, people wouldn't care. But the fact is that SOOOO MANY previous WebTV users have been idiots, and continue to be idiots, that they have ruined it for the 4 or 5 decent honest folks using WebTV. The fact that WebTV even allows people to post in HTML is cause for breaking the kneecaps of their programmers in my opinion. If you want to use HTML, save it for a nice web page about whatever lights your fire. Put a link to it in your signature, and those who care will look at it, and the rest of the world (read the VAST majority) will ignore it and be spared.

Big Chris

Reply to
Big Chris

I really hate to be picky but this one got to me Chris. "Smoke on the Water" was written and performed by Deep Purple :) I think that was the second tune I learned to play on the bass. The first was the Mission Impossible theme ;)

Hope this lightened things up! Mike

Reply to
Mike Copeland

Of course the real problem is people who haven't taken the time to configure their news reader to ignore html and images. it has nothing to do with the platform used to post. B

Reply to
Battleax

random thoughts on a random subject

the flag is really a bother to the eyes during the trolling process.......

even the puter putters in here (the best of them) have at least once been arse holes during the information sharing process here...... (google for past articles on any of them.....and add the word "apoloy")

99% of the trolls here appreciate humor....... it's just a matter of determining where their funny bones differ........

regardless of how you post in the NG........ your'e gonna get read..........and if the content is good.......you'll get read often even if the regs don't acknowledge you........

alternating between using your webtv and your puter can be entertaining if the process is utilized to its potential..........

Doc is a brainiac.... Shades is genious.... Gary is too damn talented for his own good.... Nate doesn't understand the law of gravity...... Bret gives sound tech advice (most the time), and quotes the scripture soundly too.... Loren knows his shit, and will let you know it quick.... John Alt needs a new vehical.......... William.....well.....he's just Willy...he trys hard and means well....... Ian enjoys testing Bret...... Neil is Gods gift to techs, and you really don't want to question him on that unless you're up to par on speed flaming.... Steve Cook is a GM Master Tech, a welcomed Newbie to the NG, and novice typist..... WebTV users can change their names faster than all the above can diagnose bad plug.....

~~~random thoughts on a random subject~~ ~~~~~by a random guy~~~~~

ScrIbb Abel ~takes a shot, passes the bottle to Willy, and lights the blunt~~

in a pinch......a wet booger that is allowed to dry for a period of time.......makes a great adheasive

Reply to
Scrib Abel

Ian, do you enjoy testing me?

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

"Scrib Abel" wrote

Marsh....I tried googling for the word "apoloy" and I was astounded to find that this is a village in the Philippines. How did you know that I spent the first 17 years of my life growing up the the Philippines? Very perceptive of you. Now I've never been to the island of Negros, but there are 7000 islands there (give or take a few) so I only hit the major ones.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

B,

I don't think that OoopsLook Exploits! (Outlook Express) supports not viewing HTML in its native form, and even if you use a newsreader that does support forcing HTML messages to text, you're going to have to put up with all those darn tags...

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

"Bret Chase" wrote

I didn't get that one. Maybe he perceives me as being overly critical of your posts? Or maybe he was referring to the Leviticus thing.....??

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai