What are one-ton trucks?

Our city has the extra dumping day coming up. But they require we only use one-ton truck. Is Chevy Silverado an one-ton truck? Which models fall in this category? Please also include other manufactures such as Ford and etc..

Thanks! Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Yang

Are you kidding? They wont let you into the dump with a 1/2 ton or 3/4 truck or a trailer...Makes no since. Look for a 3500 on your chevy, F350 on a ford...

Reply to
Scott M

Reply to
George

Which leads to my silly question:

Why is a 1/2 truck known as a 1500 or F150, 3/4 a 2500 etc...

How big do they get?

Thanks,

Reply to
Stan

I'd like to use my 2.5 ton half track. My friend will be following with a mack truck pulling 2 boxes. Think they just don't want people coming with too much.

Speaking of Mack. Anyone like old Mack Tractors enough to buy em? I know where there is (or was) one available.

Reply to
KJ

Last I saw, there were ford f150, f250, f350, f450, f550 and f650's......at least that's what they've got in the "Model" selection on my parts lookup computer at work.....

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Chavers

------------------ ok, that makes since!