What engines have angled plugs ??

I am trying to buy headers for my stock 305 engine on my 82 scottsdale truck. But some headers mention on the description that they don't fit "angle plugs, what engines could have these? How do I know if my plugs are "angled" or what direction would they be pointing if they were "angled". Thanks.

Reply to
RCJesse

This book would be able to give you the information:

Small-blk Chev Hp1253 (Paperback) by Dave Emanuel (Author)

There were numerous engines which came with angled plugs, they are plugs which are not 90 degrees from the side of the head. Most if not all the plugs were angled at the ends where the p[lug wires went, towards each other like this / \. Normally they are like this | |.

Jon

Reply to
Jon

If your asking that, you might be getting in over your head. But for what it's worth angled plugs go in at an angle, ie they do not sit at a 90 degree angle to the head, more like

60 degrees. The plugs will actually point towards one another slightly on cylindes 1-3, 5-7, 2-4 and 6-8.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Your '82 305 does not have angle plug heads.

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

Angle plug heads only came on high performance engines, which also had 2.02 intake and 1.60 exhaust valves. As the other people said your truck would not have them or need them if it is a stock 305. Your plugs would all point straight out.

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
Doug Adams