Which belt? How do I know what size alternator I have?

In order to get the right serpentine belt for my 2000 Silverado 5.3 Z71 I need to know which alternator I have (100 amp, 105 amp, or 130 amp), how can I find this info? The alternator doesn't have any markings visible while installed. The original belt is a GM 12554029 URN 6PK2345. I'm trying to find the belt on rockauto.com but that number isn't on any of their selections.

Thanks for any help, Al

Reply to
ajtessier

a quick and painless cross reference of the GM part number on NAPA's web site yeilds:

will tell you you need a 6 rib belt, 92.900 inches long, or 2360mmlong.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Thanks, I've only been on NAPA's site a few times and I had never seen that cross reference feature. I found out today that GM has changed that part number I posted at least twice.

Al

which will tell you you need a 6 rib belt, 92.900 inches long, or 2360mm> long.

Reply to
ajtessier

I see in the GM part number that it includes 6PK2345 and I wonder if that means 6 ribs, 2345 mm, which is pretty close to what the NAPA guide came up with. Since the OP said they have changed the number a couple of times they may have been using slightly different lengths in different production runs.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher