Why doesn't my brake controller from 99 Silver to 04 Suburban work?

Bought a new 04 Suburban with tow package. Moved the old controller from the 99 Silverado with tow package to new Suburban with tow package. Installed fuse in under hood fuse block but used old wiring. I have a TENOSHA(?) brake controller. When I hooked up the trailer, it doesn't work unless I use the manual lever...whazz up wid dat? New pig tail that came with the vehicle had four wires. Old controller said CLEARLY on it: ONLY HOOK UP THREE WIRES. NO OTHER WIRES SHOULD BE HOOKED UP. HOOKING UP ADDITIONAL WIRES CAN CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE CONTROLLER. So now what?

Reply to
Don in Austin Texas

. . Why doesn't my brake controller from 99 Silver to 04 Suburban work? Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Sun, Jun 27, 2004, 4:29pm (CDT-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@activant.com (Don=A0in=A0Austin=A0Texas) wrote in...

Bought a new 04 Suburban with tow package. Moved the old controller from the 99 Silverado with tow package to new Suburban with tow package. Installed fuse in under hood fuse block

but used old wiring.

=A0=A0I have a TENOSHA(?) brake controller. When I hooked up the trailer, it doesn't work unless I use the manual lever...whazz up wid dat?

New pig tail that came with the vehicle had four wires.

Old controller said CLEARLY on it:

ONLY HOOK UP THREE WIRES.

NO OTHER WIRES SHOULD BE HOOKED UP. HOOKING UP ADDITIONAL WIRES CAN CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE CONTROLLER.

So now what? =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Say oops ???

MarshMonster ~:~ =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Reply to
bobo

What model Controller? Check the Tekonsha site for wiring instructions. Is the Suburban prewired for a controller?

Reply to
HRL

You might check this:

From: