Window Tint

How would you go about finding the percent of light transferred through a window? Also if someone knows, I believe that the glass on the sides of my

85' k5 are stock, so if you know the percentage I would like to know. I want to match my rear window to the side windows on the truck. Thanks for the help if ya give it!
Reply to
KJ

any tint shop should have a meter that shows how much light transfer your window has.in my state we have to have 20% in the front 2 windows but the rear and back windshield can be any rate.

Reply to
Steve Cook

Here in NH it's any rate behind you but 0 tolerance infront. I can see that. I remember seeing a home time where they had auto tinting windows. That would be nice, tint them to 100% when you park and 0% while you drive etc. Now mass on the other hand wont allow you to tint at all, it's stock or nothing. Personally I think that's ridiculous, if you can buy an econoline without ANY windows behind you, why shouldn't you have the option of not seeing out your windows? That's why I tinted the windows in the cab on my S10 to 2%.

Reply to
KJ

Just about every glass shop that does tinting has a specialized photometer. Heck, many police cars carry them around, especially the state troopers. Might even try Pep Boys or some of the other Auto places that have a "shop" in them.

Reply to
John Alt

For a state that does not allow tinting, MASS has alot of glass companies that advertise that they tint auto windows.

Reply to
Todd Copeland

window tint dude knew by looking what tint i had on my truck, but he did say it was faded because it was dyed tint and not metalized tint... dyed tint turns purple

Reply to
JREwing