Wiper Problem

Granted this is OT (but at least it is a Chevy problem), I have a

2001 Impala that when the wiper switch is in the "off" position, the wiper arms stop in the straight up position. This just started while the wife was heading to work a couple of days ago. So she takes it to some place next to where she works and is told the wiper motor is dead and it will be $400 to repair. Thankfully she didn't pay it. Seems to me that the motor should be fine if the wipers work in all speed and delay settings.

I am thinking wiper control module. Or is there another possibility?

Would appreciate feedback.

John

Reply to
John

beleive that there is what is called a park switch for the wipers. not sure if it is in the wiper motor of if it is seperate, but would check on that first.

Reply to
Troy